Thursday, November 18, 2010

Marriage

"Til death do you part." The most broken verbal contract in the history of mankind. It should say, "Til boredom and hatred do you part." Marriage is an outdated institution (I know it's sad but it is also very true). I saw a statistic today that 40% of people under 30 years old believe that marriage is obsolete. This also means that people under the age of 30 have no hope. Marriage has become a business more than anything else. You get married, you buy things together, you share your finances, you stop having sex, you get pissed, you get divorced and then somehow your lawyer sucks and you lose all your shit. Just the thought of MONOGAMY is really just not that appealing. They say the reason a man gets down on his knee to propose is so he can look the vagina in the eye to make sure that it is in fact "The one." I am a hopeless romantic. I wish marriage and true love could be everything I've ever read about or seen. However, I am also a realist and I understand that life happens and people change. Marriage is not exempt from this rule, in fact it seems to be the prime example.

P.S. I'm not being a douche, I really hope myself and all others can find true love and be happily married until the end of time. Like if I had one wish, that would be my wish.



2 comments:

  1. Marriage is for those who are willing to commit their everything to another sole for their entirety. The reason it doesn't work the same as it used too is because, American's as a whole, are terribly impatient stressed out people. Who, in general, would rather quit something before they worked their way through it. Now I know there is always exceptions to the rule. But it is our generation who has created this. I hope that myself and others like me are able to re-establish the great institution that is marriage. Keep being a romantic my man. For it may hurt at times and seem hopeless, it isn't. It is all worth it when you find that certain someone. That someone that after everything else has sucked, you still get that feeling when you see them at the end of the day. Oh and sex should never get boring and/or end. It becomes boring and ends because the people having it are boring people themselves.

    Love ya playa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only someone with REAL WORLD EXPERIENCE could shed such wisdom. I really don't think anyone could have done a better job of saying what you just said...Well put Dave, very well put.

    ReplyDelete