Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Library

Quiet please, this is the library not a goddamn zoo; so take your animal behavior elsewhere and let the children study their materials. This would be the reaction if I were to stand up and shout at the top of my lungs right now (being that I'm currently in the library). However by the time anyone reads this I will no longer be in the library, I will be doing bigger and better things. I'm pretty sure no one really gives a shit where I write this post, but I just thought I'd let all 8 of you know. The library is a strange place to me because I hate quiet places. Everyone is in their own zone on their laptops, studying data, comparing charts, reading words about things, listening to their Kelly Clarkson and Miley Cirus music, trying to cram for the test they have in an hour, all while maintaining complete silence. I hate it. When I study it's in my room with some Electro House music banging, Sportscenter on the tele, a cup of coffee and I have to be chatting to someone on Facebook. Without all those distractions there is no way in hell I would be able to study at all. The library is like a death camp, everyone is so serious and they act like if they don't do exactly what they're doing in utter silence, the world around them will collapse and they'll end up like their homeless uncle Jed addicted to meth in the gutter. Perhaps I'm a hypocrite for saying these things being that I do in fact utilize these facilities; but, I use them sparingly and I definitely do not enjoy my time here. The library is for people who aren't motivated to do things in their own environment, the type of person who can't do two things at once, the kind of person who likes to be around others who are also miserably grinding through the shitty materials they are forced to study. I hate the being in the library and thus I attempt to avoid it at all cost. If I can't, I like to make it better by acting a fool....
video

P.S. I only had one take to do this and I know I didn't make a big enough scene. Sorry, but when there's 100 people looking at you making a movie of yourself coughing in the library it's really weird...So sorry I failed you. Next time I'll do way more better!

No comments:

Post a Comment