Thursday, September 23, 2010

Burritos

Burrito, the Mexican version of a sandwich. I happen to think I may be Mexican because of the intense passion I have for burritos. Think of it this way, it's an entire meal mashed up and enclosed in a tortilla. You have your protein (chicken, steak, pork, etc...), your carb (rice), your veggies (lettuce, corn, beans, guacamole, etc..), and you have your flavor (salsa/hot sauce). I don't know about you, but that's kind of brilliant to stuff all that deliciousness and nutrition inside a tortilla for mobility purposes. Whoever invented the burrito clearly had the modern American in mind while constructing it. Burrito's make it very easy to consume a complete meal without utensils, and if a situation should arise, you have a portable 900 calorie delight. The fact that the burrito has become so readily available through chains like Chipotle, Moe's and Qdoba is fantastic, because before their inception, no one thought of the burrito as an essential part of the diet. Now, the burrito is an essential part of the diet and the proof is in the nutrition book I haven't written yet. I have at least two burrito's a week (at minimum) and that number would be significantly higher if Chipotle was readily available in Tallahassee (WHICH IT WILL BE VERY SOON!!!). I don't know what it is, but something about Chipotle burrito's is addicting. Perhaps it's the rice, or the chicken but I have a theory that they infuse their burritos with addictive opiates and thus the body needs the Chipotle burrito after having just one. I am proud to be a burrito connoisseur and I am very happy the burrito is popular amongst mainstream society. I could not imagine life without the burrito, for it is far to morbid to even ponder.

video

No comments:

Post a Comment