Thursday, August 26, 2010

Nice People

Perhaps this has happened to you. You meet someone extremely nice, like really, really, nice and not like Grandma nice, I'm talking so nice that they creep you out to the point where thoughts go though your head like, "Are they really this nice or do they just want to sell my organs on the black market?" Until Friday, August 13th I had not yet run in to one of these people, then I did. I was getting my wisdom "tooth" pulled, I only had 1 because apparently I'm more evolved than 80% of the population, so suck on that. But while I was getting ready to for the procedure my nurse had a few words for me in an attempt to comfort me before this potentially traumatic process. She was so nice that I actually began to fear for my life. She put a gas mask on me that she claimed would calm me down, but I was so disturbed by her creepiness that I never actually became calm and to be completely honest, I was looking very forward to that part of the procedure most. The Doctor came in next and began to insert some IV's. Now, considering that I am writing this piece two weeks later (today) it's no surprise that nothing bad happened to me, but people need to stop being overly nice. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great when someone holds a door open for me, or when someone tells me they like my shirt. I think nice people make the world go around with less friction and more harmony. But please to Jesus don't keep touching me and telling me everything is going to be just fine with your creepy devil eyes. In this day and age it's hard to trust people and when someone is acting way too nice, it's usually because they want something from you. I don't know what this lady wanted from me, or how she could possibly be this nice, but after the procedure I couldn't remember a thing and I'm pretty sure she had something to do with that. Check out what she said to me before this operation...

1 comment: